Croaker Fish is considered a very good source of protein. In addition, it also supplies rich amounts of omega-3 fatty acids and other healthful minerals as well. This is the reason why many people opt to add fish to their diet in the absence of meat. There are various kinds of fish that are of high nutritional value and health benefits to us, however, in this article, we want to focus on croaker fish – its nutritional value and health benefits you can derive by adding them to your diet.
Croaker fish has got many different nutrients that can be beneficial to health. 100grams of contains the following :
- Carbohydrates – 0 grams
- Fiber – 0 grams
- Protein – 17.78 grams
- Calories – 104kcal
- Total fats – 3.17 grams
- Sodium – 56 mg
- Calcium – 15 mg
- Iron – 0.37 mg
- Potassium – 345 mg
- Magnesium – 40 mg
- Phosphorus – 210 mg
- Selenium – 36.5 micrograms
- Water – 78.03 grams
- Vitamin A – 41 IU
- Vitamin B1 – 0.07 mg
- Vitamin B2 – 0.07 mg
- Vitamin B3 – 4.2 mg
- Vitamin B5 – 0.75 mg
- Vitamin B9 – 15 micrograms
- Vitamin B12 – 4.2 micrograms
- Vitamin D – 0.7 micrograms
- Vitamin E – 1.29 mg
- Vitamin K – 0.1 micrograms
Health Benefits of Croaker Fish
Because of the nutritional content in croaker fish, you can derive many health benefits when you add them to your diet. Here are some of the wonderful health beneficial impact that this fish has :
1. Rich Source of Protein : In general, fish are a great alternative protein source. This fish can serve as a supply source of protein for you and your kids.
2. Vision Improvement : It is rich in vitamin A and this important vitamin has been linked to improved eye health.
3. Energy Source : Proteins serve as energy alternative in our bodies in the absence of carbohydrates and Croaker fish supplies good amount of it. In addition, it also supplies vitamin B1, which plays an essential role in the conversion of food into energy by the body.
4. Promotes Digestive System : You can do your digestive system a lot of good by adding this fish to your diet. This is because this fish contains the important vitamins and minerals which play a role in nutrient absorption and maintaining a healthy digestive tract.
5. Prevents Anaemia : Croaker fish helps in preventing anaemia because of its iron and vitamin B12 content. Pregnant women can derive this benefit by adding it to their diet.
6. Protect Heart Health : Not all types of fat are good for our heart health. Omega-3 fatty acids are very friendly to the heart and you will be doing your heart a favour by eating foods rich in this type of fat. Thankfully, croaker fish is one such good source of omega-3 fatty acids.
7. Promotes Bones Health : Croaker fish has the benefit to promote the bone health. It is linked to the presence of calcium, vitamin D and vitamin K in it. Croaker fish in the diet can help in strengthening bones and teeth of children, and also reduce your risk of developing a number of bone diseases like osteoporosis and rickets in children.
- Free Food Facts – Nutritional facts of croaker fish